Here are some standout facts and observations that give additional perspective to the Internet usage of the top countries on the Internet.
- There are a total of 1.8 billion Internet users in the world.
- There are 32 countries with more than 10 million Internet users.
- The top 10 countries on the Internet together have 1.17 billion Internet users. That’s 65% of all Internet users in the world.
- The top 20 countries on the Internet together have 1.47 billion Internet users. That’s just under 82% of all Internet users.
- India is the fourth largest country in terms of Internet users in spite of having an Internet penetration of a measly 6.9%. This thanks to its huge population.
- China takes the top spot both in terms of population and Internet users. China has almost twice (1.8x) as many Internet users as the United States.
- China together with the United States, the top two countries, make up half of the Internet users in the top 15.
- Out of the top 20 countries, the five with the highest Internet penetration (not users) are: United Kingdom (82.5%), South Korea (81.1%), Germany (79.1%), Japan (78.2%), United States (76.3%).