- Discuss critical success factors and innovative practices in distance education and training.
- Examine the key components of effective applications: needs analysis, course design, teaching methods, active learning, learner support, management, policy, and evaluation.
- Share successful approaches, strategies, and techniques.
- Identify active teaching/learning methods for effective engagement, motivation, and performance outcomes.
- Discuss major issues, new developments, and trends.
- Reflect on progress made in distance education.
- Consider future possibilities for distance education.
- Increase knowledge about teaching/training at a distance.
- Facilitate networking among distance educators, practitioners and administrators.
- Share program resources via technology (e.g., print, audio, video, multimedia, and the Internet).